Wednesday 15 September 2010

Arrival 15th September

Am feeling quite tired but quite proud of myself for pulling off the journey between the February morning this year when my world changed from 'definitely staying in Manchester for at least another year' to 'it's time to move on'. One minute you have your head down, with all the determination you need for involvement in secondary education, the next your life becomes a whirling mass of house moves, flights, uncertainty, fear (I can hear the violins warming up, but it's true, it IS a bit scary :)))  ... and then you're in a hotel room in Mexcio City. Throw in two triathlons (liverpooltriathlon.co.uk), a summer camp in Russia (www.sodvo.ru) complete with forest fires, a zen retreat, a somewhat inebriated but wonderful week in London (very zen?!!?) and you get the idea of how hectic, lucky and fun it's been. Absolutely wonderful, but hectic. Must be why I feel a bit cream-crackered.


Not to forget saying goodbye to the nicest group of colleagues I've ever had, or could hope to have and a flatmate who was literally a godsend. The extended MFL/PE family formed the core at school but there were many others. People really shouldn't believe some of the crap they write in the papers, like this week's brilliant concept - teachers are overstating special needs to get themselves off the hook for poor teaching. If that's what people believe the teaching profession is about and give credence to such arrant nonsense, then God help us. And I must pay tribute to the talent, honesty and warmth of the poetry community in Manchester - a lot of really lovely people who I'm proud to call my friends.


So here we are. AquĆ­ estamos. Trying to prop my eyelids open with online matchsticks so I can avoid waking up at 2am feeling ready for breakfast. Spot the name of the hotel?




A chapter of my teaching career closes, the next one opens, title to be revealed as we go along....


Just turned on the tv to find that there's some HUGE celebration going on for the 200th anniversary of Mexican independence? Just toooo tired. Exciting tho'.

No comments:

Post a Comment